I did manage to read a couple posts though, lamenting the fact that mommy-bloggers use too much space in the blogosphere complaining about life. Too much negativity. While I don't think this is particularly a problem with the blogs that I read, in the name of positivity I am writing this post on things that make me happy. This idea is a complete rip off from Gingersnapspice (my pseudo-cousin and original inspiration to start blogging). She does this each year and it's a wonderful way to reflect on the positive things in your life. Even the little things. The challenge for me will be not to duplicate too much from what I wrote on hers.
So here is, my cop-out post, because I don't have time to write a real one.
Things that make me happy-
- My Husband Calling me Beautiful
- Listening to my children pray
- Big Hydrangea "puff balls" that I didn't plant, but can't kill, blooming outside my front porch
- A stack of books I haven't read on my bed side table
- Allison walking around the house singing "Fellows I meet, they tell me I'm sweet and willingly I believe!"
- Ben making Clara laugh and squeal
- The rolls on Clara's thighs
- Coconut Creme Coffee Mate
- Clara trying to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" when she can't even say a word.
- Sitting outside on Warm Summer Nights
- Bug Spray
- Ben shaking his "booty"
- Leaving in two weeks to go to NY with my daughter and see dear friends.
- Singing Praise & Worship Songs
- Brandon telling me things about his day, I would never have told my parents
- Sleeping 'til 8:00
- Ice Cream Cones