Monday, August 6, 2007

On a break.

I am going on a blogging hiatus for a few days, maybe even a week. No reading or writing for me. My children start back to school in a week, and I am overwhelmed by all I must accomplish by then. Blogging is an addiction for me, and I am constantly coming back for a "quick fix" when I should be doing other things. And lets face it, those fixes never really end up being that quick. Before I know it, I am reading and linking away, lost in a haze of funny stories, and poignant writers.

I also need to spend some time in serious prayer and research on how to handle Ben's deteriorating eating delay. I feel a tug on my spirit so strong, I must be obedient, and focus on my family. So for a short time, I am unplugging myself from all of you. Yes literally unplugging myself- I have no friggin willpower.

10 comments:

S said...

We'll be here when you return.

xxoo

Beck said...

Have a good break. I hope you figure out something to help Ben.

Kyla said...

Like SM said, we will be here. Thinking of you guys, especially Ben. One day these kids will eat, right? Our feeding disorder doctor told us the goal was to have her off baby food by Kindergarten. I thought it was insane when I first heard that goal. "Surely she'll be eating food before then!" but now? It seems like a realistic goal. Maybe.

Lori said...

I'll miss you, but SO understand the need to unplug from the computer now and then. For me, it isn't just blogging, it is playing on Shutterfly, and editing home movies (one of my favorite hobbies) that can all work together to consume me!! Sometimes, it really is not good.

Was Ben premature? You don't have to go into his whole history, I was just curious if that was at the root of his eating issues.

Lisa Spence said...

May God grant you His wisdom--He promises to give it generously to those who ask!

May your break provide clarity and energy and accomplishment!

Christine said...

i'll miss you. actually i already miss you. i feel like we've disconnected in a way.

and i am not my blog either, but it is a serious chunk of my soul.

and that room? the mess? too cute!

good luck with the eating thing. that has got to be SO hard. No advice here, but i am thinking good thoughts for you.

have a good break.

thirtysomething said...

I know of this fix. I too had to break away from this new-found addiction. we will all still be here when you return! Have a good last-week-of-summer whirlwind (we are doing the same thing here)

JustMe said...

I haven't posted comments before -- but yours is a site I check daily. I'll miss you while you're gone. Come back soon!

painted maypole said...

just got back from my own vacation to find you on a break, but i'll see you when you get back! I enjoyed catching up on what you've been up to while I was gone... I loved Hairspray too, particularly Christopher Walken. didn't you just want to dance in the backyard with him and his bowtie?

thirtysomething said...

ok. missing you a lot now. Come Back Soon!