Actually, I think it's a good thing, this constant stopping to do a status check on my attitude. Am I wallowing? Am I whining? Am I grateful? It keeps me from falling into a hole of negative thinking. Something I am guilty of regularly. I wish there was some way to keep the momentum going on past this week.
And speaking of positive things, I just realized that today is my one year blogging anniversary. And I thought some sort of celebration should be in order. So, I decided to do what I do best and steal an idea. Actually, the same idea I stole from Ginger this time last year, which is a list of things that have made me happy today. So here goes:
- Nine hours of sleep! (How could I not include that?)
- A cat trying to attack my fingers while I type this.
- These outside my front door.
- (When I looked back at my list from last year, I realized I used my Hydrangeas there too. But what can I say, I guess in May, Hydrangeas make me happy.)
- I went to Barnes & Noble today. Really, need I say more?
- My son and his friend (he would so die to see this on the blog) went to pick up dates and are bringing them back to the house to watch a movie. My son. Picking up a date. His first one officially. This should make me nervous I guess, but since he is bringing her here it just makes me kind of happy to be in the loop. OK, and a little bit nervous.
- We had chicken for dinner tonight. Clara loves chicken and says it "SHEEKIN" and I think it may possibly be the most adorable thing in the universe.
- New Bubble Bath from Sephora
- Ben has been playing "Zingo" all day today. After the first 5 games he's been playing alone. Periodically I hear him yell out excitedly, "I won!" It's cracking me up.
- A three day weekend ahead of me.
- A New Book
- Red Toenail Polish
- Snuggling with The Man during the season premier of "So you think you can dance"
- DVDs that come in the mail.
- Clara sitting her Carebear next to her on the couch at the doctor's office and saying "DIT DOWN!"
- Allison's excitement at her two new books.
- Birds that left their nest in my garage yesterday. (This makes me happy for many reasons, one of which is no more bird poop on my van)
- These faces hounding me for attention while I typed this:
- One of my bloggy friend sending me this link. Basically she has diagnosed me with adult Fifth Disease and it all fits. Even the anemia. I am so relieved at her diagnosis I could do a dance. Who cares that she's not a doctor?
And, while I'm feeling all bossy, one more thing...go hug your kids. You watch the news. You know why. Just do it.