Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 12

Today...

I am thankful that the Blockbuster Video - where I hit the curb while parking and blew out the tire on my van - said I could park it there overnight. Because it turns out I don't have a spare.

I am thankful that there is a junkyard near our home where tomorrow I can find a spare tire for my van. Hopefully inexpensively.

I am thankful for my husband who stopped working - without a trace of annoyance in his voice -to pick up Allie from voice lessons and then rescue the kids and I at Blockbuster.

I am thankful for my husband's car, which I used at 9:00 tonight to make a 40 minute drive to pick up tap shoes as a visual aide for a project on Shirley Temple. I am especially thankful I was able to make that drive ALL ALONE.

I am thankful for my friend Melissa who I called on my drive to pick up tap shoes. Because she makes me laugh.

I am thankful that my office is littered with scraps of paper because it means that the Shirley Temple Project is complete. And mostly - with the exception of some road trips - it was completed by Allison.

I am thankful that today is over. And for the gift of tomorrow, to give it all another shot.
Through the LORD’s mercies we are not
consumed, B
ecause His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Lamentations 3:22-23a

9 comments:

Ginger Johnson said...

I find it somewhat telling that you end your post with a quote from Lamentations. Love ya Joy!

Lori said...

I am counting the minutes until this week is over. My kids have the whole week of Thanksgiving off and I think I need the break WAY more than they do!!

You are a great mom!

the dragonfly said...

Wow, you had a crazy day. I'm so glad you can be thankful even in the midst of chaos!

Lori's right...you're a great mom. :)

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a wild adventure of a day.Thank God that His mercies are new every morning.
Some day in the future you and your kids will look back on a day like that and laugh.... "Hey mom, remember that time at Blockbuster." :-)

Kyla said...

Oh Joy! What a day!

S said...

And I? Am thankful that no one in your lovely family was hurt.

xxoo

Beck said...

That sounds like kind of a bad day.

painted maypole said...

amen.

Christine said...

what a good gesture by the video store. and what a sweetheart of a husband you have,