1. You spent the morning sleeping semi-upright on the sofa so you didn't keep your spouse awake trying to cough up your intestines.
2. Before the time change you were doing your very best to get your 3 year old to sleep until 7. This morning when he woke up at 6 he found the prospect of sleeping semi-upright with you on the sofa unappealing. Then your one year old who normally sleeps very late decided to join you at 6:30 because she couldn't breath.
3. Your eleven year old daughter got an attitude this morning because you happened to mention that her agenda book contained a stamp for homework not turned in. The nerve.
4. Your 3 and 1 year old were ornery and fought all morning long, resulting mostly in the 1 year old screaming her head off and while your 3 year old ran away and yelled "Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!
5. The one year old dumped your entire cup of coffee onto the area rug, herself and the clean laundry. Don't worry it was cold, you spent much too much time refereeing and cleaning up other messes this morning to actually have time to drink it.
6. You finally had to put your 1 year old down for a nap early because she was screaming so much you thought you might abuse her. This is not a joke. While she was wailing and trying to hit you to get away from having coffee cleaned off of her, you almost slapped her. You then decided that her screaming in her crib was preferable to child abuse.
7. Your 3 year old stepped on a tack that was on the floor because you were dumb enough to use tacks for your Halloween craft. He then hobbled around for the next half hour whimpering "I have a hole in meeee"
8. You have consumed half a pound bag of peanut M & Ms in the last 3 hours.
What I am thankful for: At this very moment they are both asleep. The house is quiet. Even if it does still smell distinctly of CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha. I am profoundly thankful for quiet. Who ever woulda thunkit?