Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 16

Last night I went out with two of my girlfriends, Debbie and Melissa. I can't remember when I had a better time. We were giggly and obnoxious like 15-year-olds, which is appropriate since we all knew each other when we actually were. I have said this before, but I can't say it enough, there is just nothing like old friends. Friends that knew you when, and love you still.

We then went to the 10:15 showing of "Dan in Real Life." I know! Can you believe it? We went to a movie that started after ten o'clock. We're a regular bunch of party-moms. The movie was predictable and hokie in places but we laughed tons. And Steve Carell really is a gem, so I would recommend it for that alone. I also recommend having a glass of wine before you see it. It worked well for me.

Today has been a lazy kind of day. Nausea and a seriously tenacious sinus headache have rendered me pretty much useless. I only ventured out once, and that was to the used bookstore for an emergency book run. I actually made it to the bottom of the stack. I didn't know it was even possible. I thought that thing continuously replenished itself.

As for gratitude? I actually have 3 for you today.
  1. Well my fabulously immature girlfriends, of course. They totally rock.
  2. Some bloggy friends introduced me to the word Callipygian today. I shared it with my family and we are enjoying trying to find ways to use it. :0)
  3. Look what I found in my messy kitchen today:


~Magically Delicious.

8 comments:

S said...

Oh, that KISS! It's heaven!

Chrissy said...

Of course, I am jealous of your girlfriend night. Once a year isn't nearly enough for me.

I don't think I could've stayed awake for the movie, though.

the dragonfly said...

I too am very jealous of your girlfriend night. The two girlfriends I enjoy a night out with most of all:

I live in Germany.
Rose Daughter lives in Kansas.
Princess Leia (blog nickname I just invented for her) lives in Michigan.

It's really hard for us to get together...

Amanda said...

Oh, kisses!

Kyla said...

Sibling love is such beauty.

And so is giggling with old girlfriends. Fun, fun.

Josh and I had a date night this week. A late showing of Beowulf. Movie? Blech. Date? Niiiiice.

painted maypole said...

i can't imagine making it to the bottom of my book stack. it seems unfathomable to me!

karen said...

Heartsqueezingly cute!

PJ said...

Oh, the kiss. So precious. Frame it to look at those days when they're whining and pinching each other!!!
One picture like this makes motherhood heavenly!!!