Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day 3 - Keep payin those premiums honey!

-Poof-
If you saw my other post, it's gone. Wallowing in self-loathing should never be a public event. I'll pretend I didn't write it. You pretend you didn't read it, and we'll all be better off.

Today, I am thankful for Health Insurance. Because I am becoming increasingly certain that Clara will not make it to age 2 without experiencing a trip to the emergency room.
When you look at this picture, I would like you to consider that Clara can not walk. Not 2 steps. And she can not stand unsupported for more than 10 seconds but she continues to get herself in these situations.


Here she realizes she is stuck, and Ben is attempting to help her. It really is amazing I can't loose weight as I seem to be constantly sprinting to save her. Except, I guess in this case, it was more like sprinting for the camera. But sprinting was definitely involved. Or at least fast walking.

And if this is not proof enough that a trip to the emergency room is eminent, you can find more
evidence of Clara's daredevil climbing in my two latest posts at Worst.Mama.Ever.

So thank goodness for health insurance. We're gonna need it.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have been lurking and reading your blog for a little while and I thought I would post today. First I must say that I did not read your other post, so you are safe with that. Second.... you made me laugh about running for the camera because of your daredevil. I totally understand because I have one of those kids. But thank God it is only 1 of my 4 who is like that.
Thanks for posting!

Kyla said...

What? You had a post earlier? ;)

KayTar was a climber, too! Way before standing or walking she was frequently on top of the Lego table, what is up with that? LOL.

Lori said...

I love that you ran for the camera! That is SO something I would do!

Whatever that other post was, I am certain that you are one self that should not and must not be loathed!

I really do hope though that a trip to the ER is NOT in yours or Clara's future.

Unknown said...

hey, you never know. My middle child is a climber - crazy! - climbed onto tables and in the upper window sash at 15 months. He is so very skilled that we've never even had a scratch -just bonks and bruises, but no broken skin - and he's 3 1/2 now and getting better judgment and better skills. All in all, though health insurance is great for a mother's peac of mind!

Anonymous said...

I cannot count how many times I've been to the ER with my children. I think the girl has only gone once though and she's four. The boys? Lord, a lot more than that.

As for your other post, I didn't see it either, but I'm all about public whining and self-loathing, so I probably would have enjoyed it! Does that make me sick or morbid?

Amanda said...

Hmmm, sometimes I think those tormented posts aren't a bad thing as they allow others to offer insight that your family might feel unwelcome to offer. Trust that we adore you and that you are doing a better job in everything than you think you are.

And that brotherly help, gets to me somewhere deep!